Graduate Program in Biomedical Engineering
Consistently ranked one of the top five biomedical engineering programs in the U.S., Duke Biomedical Engineering (BME) prepares graduates to be leaders in industry and academia.
Our graduate program engages students early in research, broadens exposure to the discipline, fosters leadership and mentoring skills, offers opportunities for outside internships, and—most of all—provides an intellectually stimulating research experience.
Why Choose Duke?
- Energetic, interdisciplinary research environment
- Entrepreneurial culture
- PhD Plus, an innovative professional development program
- Full funding plus conference and travel support for PhD students
- A welcoming and close-knit community
- Empowering student groups such as the BME PhD Student Association (BEPSA)
- Terrific location in one of America’s most award-winning cities and lower cost of living
Get more details about why Duke BME is the right program for you.
Apply to Duke BME
Learn how to apply, get tips on your application and find our feedback schedule.
You might want to:
|Compare degree programs
Apply to the program that fits your career goals.
|Learn details for applicants
How to apply, meet our students, PhD Placements, and more.
|Meet Our Faculty
Research areas, publications and contact information.
|Explore BME courses
Course titles, descriptions and numbers.