Lawrence M. Boyd
Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Office Location: 136 Hudson Hall
- Office Phone: (919) 660-8272
- Email Address:
|MEM||Christian Brothers University||1993|
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Dean’s Award for Mentoring, Graduate School, Duke University, 2007
- Graduate Certificate in Center for Biomolecular & Tissue Engineering, Duke University, 2007
- Jeremy North Book Collectors Contest, Graduate Category Award Winner, Friends of the Library, Duke University, 2003
- Teaching Grant, Boyd LM, Driscoll S and Mitchell S, “Initiation of a Teaching Engineering Discussion Group for BME Graduate Students”, Duke Center for Teaching, Learning and Writing, 2002
- 2001 NIH Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in Cellular and Biosurface Engineering, Duke University Center for Cellular and Biosurface Engineering, 2001
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, Clemson University, 1987
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Allen, Kyle D. and Griffin, Timothy M. and Rodriguiz, Ramona M. and Wetsel, William C. and Kraus, Virginia B. and Huebner, Janet L. and Boyd, Lawrence M. and Setton, Lori A., Decreased Physical Function and Increased Pain Sensitivity in Mice Deficient for Type IX Collagen, ARTHRITIS AND RHEUMATISM, vol 60 no. 9 (2009), pp. 2684--2693 [doi] [abs].
- Boyd, Lawrence M. and Richardson, William J. and Allen, Kyle D. and Flahiff, Charlene and Jing, Liufang and Li, Yefu and Chen, Jun and Setton, Lori A., Early-onset degeneration of the intervertebral disc and vertebral end plate in mice deficient in type IX collagen, ARTHRITIS AND RHEUMATISM, vol 58 no. 1 (2008), pp. 164--171 [doi] [abs].
- Boyd, Lawrence M. and Carter, Andrew J., Injectable biomaterials and vertebral endplate treatment for repair and regeneration of the intervertebral disc, EUROPEAN SPINE JOURNAL, vol 15 (2006), pp. S414--S421 [doi] [abs].
- Kitchel SH, Boyd LM and AJ Carter, NuCore Injectable Disc Nucleus (2006), pp. 142-145.
- Boyd, L. M. and Richardson, W. J. and Chen, J. and Kraus, V. B. and Tewari, A. and Setton, L. A., Osmolarity regulates gene expression in intervertebral disc cells determined by gene array and real-time quantitative RT-PCR, ANNALS OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING, vol 33 no. 8 (2005), pp. 1071--1077 [doi] [abs].
- North American Spine Society
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- American Society for Engineering Education