Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Lazlo Ormandy Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Cell Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 375 Med Sci Res Bldg, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-2521
- Web Pages:
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 1991
Tissue Repair, Tissue Engineering
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 391: Projects in Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 493: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 494: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Wilusz, RE; Guilak, F, High resistance of the mechanical properties of the chondrocyte pericellular matrix to proteoglycan digestion by chondroitinase, aggrecanase, or hyaluronidase., Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, vol 38 (2014), pp. 183-197 [10.1016/j.jmbbm.2013.09.021] [abs].
- McNeill, JN; Wu, CL; Rabey, KN; Schmitt, D; Guilak, F, Life-long caloric restriction does not alter the severity of age-related osteoarthritis., Age, vol 36 no. 4 (2014) [10.1007/s11357-014-9669-5] [abs].
- Glass, KA; Link, JM; Brunger, JM; Moutos, FT; Gersbach, CA; Guilak, F, Tissue-engineered cartilage with inducible and tunable immunomodulatory properties., Biomaterials, vol 35 no. 22 (2014), pp. 5921-5931 [10.1016/j.biomaterials.2014.03.073] [abs].
- Leddy, HA; McNulty, AL; Lee, SH; Rothfusz, NE; Gloss, B; Kirby, ML; Hutson, MR; Cohn, DH; Guilak, F; Liedtke, W, Follistatin in chondrocytes: the link between TRPV4 channelopathies and skeletal malformations., The FASEB Journal, vol 28 no. 6 (2014), pp. 2525-2537 [10.1096/fj.13-245936] [abs].
- Sparling, TL; Schmitt, D; Miller, CE; Guilak, F; Somers, TJ; Keefe, FJ; Queen, RM, Energy recovery in individuals with knee osteoarthritis., Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol 22 no. 6 (2014), pp. 747-755 [10.1016/j.joca.2014.04.004] [abs].